Thursday, November 19, 2009

Method 9

As a busy person--and who isn't these days?--I love text messaging and telephone answering machines. You can leave your message and get on with your day. But there's always that possibility that the recipient either won't get the message or won't get it in a timely fashion.

Enter IM and chat. (Something I actually have experience with, and this is only, what, Method 9?) If the person you need to contact is online and available you've got basically a captive audience and are pretty much guaranteed an instant response. That's my kind of communication.

As for library use; our district email system is very reliable, and I try to check it a handful of times during the school day. So I can't see the teachers wanting to learn a new technology when what we have serves our purpose well.

No comments:

Post a Comment